53ER24-1 Xtreme Cash Bonus Play Promotion.
- Beginning January 15, 2024 and ending April 7, 2024 ("Promotion Period"), the Florida Lottery will conduct the Xtreme Cash Bonus Play Promotion ("Promotion"). Players who purchase Game Number 1551, 10X® THE CASH; Game Number 1552, 20X THE CASH; Game Number 1553, 50X THE CASH; Game Number 1554, 100X THE CASH; and Game Number 1555, 500X THE CASH Scratch-off tickets can earn entries into a Promotion Drawing for a chance to win a cash prize of $1,000; $5,000; or $20,000. Players who purchase Game Number 1555, 500X THE CASH tickets will also have chance/s to win Coupon/s for a $100 cash prize. Only non-winning tickets of the afore-mentioned Scratch-off games may be used [collectively "Eligible ticket(s)"]. Winning tickets cannot be entered.
- How to Enter.
To enter Eligible tickets into a Promotion Drawing, a player may use the Florida Lottery's website at
floridalottery.com or the Florida Lottery's Mobile Convenience App ("App").
- Website. On the home page of the Florida Lottery's website, players go to the PROMOTIONS tab, select the Xtreme Cash Bonus Play Promotion and follow the directions. Players will be prompted to log-in or register. Players using the website may manually enter the 24-digit ticket number on the ticket entry page to collect entries as described in subsection (3), below.
- App. On the App, players go to the Promotions section, select the Xtreme Cash Bonus Play Promotion, and follow the directions. A Promotions button is located on the main menu and on the bottom navigation bar. Players will be prompted to log-in or register if the app does not recognize them as already logged into the Promotions section. Players may scan the barcode on the bottom of a ticket or may manually enter the 24-digit ticket number on the ticket entry page to collect entries as described in subsection (3), below.
- Manual Ticket Entry. For making manual entries using the website or App, players are to scratch off the coating on the front of their Scratch-Off tickets to reveal the 24-digit ticket serial number (4-digit game number and 20-digit ticket number) and enter the entire number in the designated ticket entry area.
- Deleted Accounts. If a player deletes his/her account, whether through the App or on the Florida Lottery's website, all account data associated with the email address used to register his/her account will also be deleted. Any entries earned, as described in subsection (3), below, will not be entered into a drawing. A player's account cannot be reactivated using the email associated with the deactivated account. Should a player establish a new account utilizing a different email address, account data, including ticket entries, cannot be transferred to the newly established account. Tickets entered under the prior account cannot be re-entered utilizing the newly created account.
Regardless of whether a player chooses to participate in the Promotion by using the web browser or the App,
the following provisions shall apply:
- the player must use the same account login information to enter tickets;
- the player will only be required to register one time; and
- the player's entry history will be cumulative among the entry platforms.
- Any player using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will subject the player and any associated entries to disqualification. In the event a player wins a prize, the name a player uses to register must match the name shown on his/her identification used to make a claim, except for a person who has made a legal name change. A person who has made a legal name change must provide a copy of a marriage certificate/judgment/court order, as applicable, as proof of a differing name. Fictitious names and business names will not be accepted and shall subject the player and any associated entries to disqualification.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries in a drawing. All entries are subject to validation by the Florida Lottery and will be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met.
- Lottery tickets should not be mailed to the Lottery for entry into the drawing. Lottery tickets received in the mail by the Florida Lottery for entry into the Promotion will not be entered into a drawing and will not be returned.
- To enter Eligible tickets into a Promotion Drawing, a player may use the Florida Lottery's website at floridalottery.com or the Florida Lottery's Mobile Convenience App ("App").
- How to Earn Entries into the Promotion.
- To earn entries into a Promotion Drawing, a player may enter ticket numbers by scanning the barcode on the bottom of an Eligible ticket using his or her mobile device or by manually entering the 24-digit ticket number on the website or the App. A player may earn multiple entries during an entry period; however, a player can only win one draw prize per entry. A player may enter a maximum of 200 tickets per day. Each ticket number can only be entered one time and cannot be entered again for another drawing. Training tickets will not be accepted, and tickets with invalid ticket numbers will be disqualified. The hours for ticket entry are between 6:00 a.m. (ET) and midnight (ET) seven days a week during the Promotion Period.
Number of Entries Received. For each Eligible ticket, a player will receive the number of entries as set forth in the table below:
GAME PRICE POINT NUMBER OF ENTRIES No. 1551 - 10X THE CASH $1 1 No. 1552 - 20X THE CASH $2 2 No. 1553 - 50X THE CASH $5 5 No. 1554 - 100X THE CASH $10 10 No. 1555 - 500X THE CASH $50 50 Bonus Entries: Entire X THE CASH
Family of Games (defined in
Paragraph (3)(c), below)
(Games 1551 - 1555)
- Bonus Drawing Entries - X THE CASH Family of Scratch-Off Games. In addition to the entries earned, as set forth in the table in paragraph (3)(b), above, a player who enters a complete family of non-winning X THE CASH tickets (Game Number 1551, 10X THE CASH; Game Number 1552, 20X THE CASH; Game Number 1553, 50X THE CASH; Game Number 1554, 100X THE CASH; and Game Number 1555, 500X THE CASH) will receive 100 additional entries. A complete family of tickets is not required to be entered simultaneously but must be entered during the same Drawing Entry Period in order to receive the bonus entries. Multiple X THE CASH families may be entered; each complete family entered during the same Drawing Entry Period will receive 100 additional entries.
- Drawing entries associated with tickets entered during one Drawing Entry Period will not be carried over into a subsequent Drawing Entry Period.
Coupons. Throughout the Promotion Period, Coupons will be randomly generated and awarded for every "nth" non-winning 500X THE CASH
ticket scanned or entered statewide. Coupons may be redeemed by players at a Florida Lottery retailer or a Florida Lottery District
Office by presenting the Coupon barcode on their mobile device, or players may redeem the Coupon by printing the Coupon from the website
and presenting a hardcopy. Coupons may not be redeemed by mail; any Coupons submitted through the mail will not be honored. Coupons are
valid for one use only and must be redeemed by 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on June 6, 2024, subject to retailer and Lottery office operating hours.
Any Coupons not redeemed by the redemption deadline are not otherwise redeemable. If for any reason all Coupons are not awarded during the
Promotion Period, they will not otherwise be awarded. The odds of winning a Coupon depend on the number of tickets entered. Available Coupons
for award are:
PRIZE NUMBER OF PRIZES TOTAL PRIZE VALUE
(over the entire promotion period)
$100 Cash Coupon 3,000 $300,000
Drawings and Number of Prizes. The Florida Lottery will conduct four (4) drawings in the Promotion. Winners for a
drawing will be randomly selected from entries submitted and received by midnight (ET) of the last day of each Drawing
Entry Period. Entries shall be drawn only from entries submitted and received during each Drawing Entry Period. Winners
will be randomly selected using a certified random number generation process. The drawing will be public, held in Tallahassee,
Florida, and witnessed by an accountant employed by an independent certified public accounting firm. The drawing dates, entry
periods, and winner announcement dates are:
DRAWING ENTRY PERIOD DRAW DATE WINNERS ANNOUNCED DATE January 15 - February 4, 2024 February 6, 2024 February 8, 2024 February 5 - 25, 2024 February 27, 2024 February 29, 2024 February 26 - March 17, 2024 March 19, 2024 March 21, 2024 March 18 - April 7, 2024 April 9, 2024 April 11, 2024
The winners in the Promotion Drawing will be announced and posted on flalottery.com on the "WINNERS ANNOUNCED DATE," set forth in the table above, or as soon as thereafter as possible.
In a Promotion Drawing, a total of 76 valid entries will be drawn by the Florida Lottery. Prizes are awarded to players in the order in which they were drawn during each drawing, starting with the Top Prize. Remaining entries will be alternates and used in the order in which they were drawn and in the order of need to select alternate winners in the event a winner cannot be notified or fails to timely provide required claim documentation as set forth in subsection (8), below, or in the event an entry is disqualified. A player can only win one prize in a Promotion drawing per entry.
Available prizes, prize amounts, and number of winners are:
PRIZE AMOUNT WINNERS PER DRAWING TOTAL NUMBER OF WINNERS
(over the entire promotion period)
TOTAL PRICE VALUE
(value over the entire promotion period)
Top Prize $20,000 1 4 $80,000 1st Prize $5,000 15 60 $300,000 2nd Prize $1,000 35 140 $140,000 TOTALS 51 204 $520,000
- Prize Winner Notification. The Florida Lottery will notify each winner by telephone or email using the contact information provided in the winner's registration data no later than one business day after the winners are posted on the Florida Lottery's website. The Florida Lottery deems the winner's registration data as the winner's official contact information. Issuing an email or leaving a telephone message on voicemail, if available, shall constitute notification. The Florida Lottery will not attempt to further notify a winner if the attempt to notify the winner by telephone or email was unsuccessful. If a winner does not respond to the Lottery's notification within ten (10) calendar days of the date the winners are posted on the website, the winner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will select an alternate winner in accordance with subsection (5), above. If the alternate winner does not respond to the Lottery's notification within ten (10) calendar days of the date of notification, the alternate winner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will select the next alternate winner. This process will continue until an alternate winner responds to the Lottery's notification or the Lottery has exhausted the list of alternates due to unsuccessful notification or due to failure by a winner or an alternate winner to timely provide required claim documentation as set forth in subsection (8), below. The Florida Lottery is not responsible or liable for system failures of any sort or type, including, but not exclusively, computer failures, email service failures, telephone failures. If a prize cannot be awarded for any reason, the prize will not be awarded.
- How to Claim a Prize. To claim a prize won in a Promotion drawing, a winner must submit to the Florida Lottery a completed Winner Claim Form DOL-173-2, Revised 2/23, or Spanish Winner Claim Form DOL-173-2S, Revised 2/23, and a copy of acceptable identification as set forth in the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011 or at flrules.org. The required documents must be received by the Florida Lottery no later than ten (10) calendar days after the Florida Lottery has first notified the winner by telephone (notification by telephone is deemed complete by leaving a voicemail message, if available) or email (issuing an email constitutes notification). If the Florida Lottery does not receive the required documents from a winner by the tenth calendar day after notification, the winner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate winner as described in subsection (5), above. The same timeframe for a winner to return required documentation to the Florida Lottery shall apply to an alternate winner.
- Payment of Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a winner's required documentation, the Florida Lottery will award the applicable prize for that winner, subject to federal tax withholding and analysis for State-Owed Debt and Child Support Debt.
- Analysis for State-Owed Debt and Child Support Debt. Prior to the award of any prize won in a Promotion drawing, a winner will be analyzed for Florida state-owed debt and child support debt. If more than one prize is awarded to the winner, a separate analysis shall occur prior to payment of each prize. If the winner is identified as owing outstanding debt to any state agency or owes child support collected through a court, the debt will be offset in accordance with section 24.115, F.S. If the debt is an amount less than the amount of the cash prize, the balance of the prize less applicable income tax withholding and after the debt is offset shall be awarded. If the debt is an amount greater than any cash prize, the entire prize amount, after applicable income tax withholding, will be applied to the outstanding debt.
- Except as specifically defined herein, all federal, state, and/or local taxes and/or other costs and fees on all prizes will be the responsibility of the winner.
- For $20,000.00 prizes won, and pursuant to applicable provisions of the Internal Revenue Service code, federal income taxes will be withheld at a rate of twenty-four percent (24%) for a U. S. citizen or legal U. S. resident and at a rate of thirty percent (30%) for nonresident prize winner/s. Regardless of prize amount and for all prizes won, federal income taxes will be withheld at a rate of thirty percent (30%) for nonresident prize winners. The reporting and subsequent payment of any additional federal, state, and/or local taxes and any other fees and costs shall be the responsibility of the winner.
Other Restrictions and Provisions.
- A winner must be at least 18 years of age.
- A player can only win one prize per entry.
- Any prizes not awarded for any reason will not otherwise be awarded.
- A winner in this Promotion is not required to submit the Eligible ticket he or she entered to claim a prize.
- All prizes are subject to the provisions of chapter 24, F.S., and rules promulgated thereunder. Prizes will be paid in accordance with the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. Copies of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011 or at flrules.org.
- Persons prohibited by section 24.116, F.S., from purchasing a Florida Lottery ticket are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
- By participating in the Xtreme Cash Bonus Play Promotion, a player gives his/her permission and consent, and without notification, for the Florida Lottery to photograph and/or videotape and record him/her and to use his/her name, photograph, videotape, and/or recording of the winner for current and future advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation, notification, or consent.
Rulemaking Authority 24.105(9), 24.109(1) FS. Law Implemented 24.105(9), 24.115(1) FS. History-New 1-15-24.
The official rule for the Xtreme Cash Bonus Play Promotion can be obtained from the Florida Administrative Code at www.flrules.org on or soon after January 15, 2024. In the event of a conflict between a provision of this rule version and the official rule, the official rule shall govern.