- Beginning June 11, 2018, through August 6, 2018, (Promotional Period) the Florida Lottery will conduct the $400,000 Super GROUPER® Second Chance Promotion ("Promotion") in which players who purchase a GROUPER play can enter the free LUCKY MONEY™ ticket that is issued as a part of the GROUPER play into a drawing for a chance to win a cash prize.
- How to Enter.
A total of four drawings will be held. Prizewinners for each drawing will be randomly selected from entries submitted and received before midnight ET on the last day of the entry period for that drawing. The entry periods and drawing dates are set forth in the table below.
Drawing Entry Period Draw Date 1 June 12 – June 26, 2018 June 28, 2018 2 June 27 – July 10, 2018 July 12, 2018 3 July 11 – July 24, 2018 July 26, 2018 4 July 25 – August 7, 2018 August 9, 2018
In each of the drawings, a total of 40 valid entries will be drawn by the Florida Lottery using a certified random number generation process. The first through fourth valid entries drawn will each win a top prize of $20,000. The fifth through twenty-fourth valid entries drawn will each win a second prize of $1,000. The twenty-fifth through fortieth valid entries drawn will be used in the order in which they were drawn and in the order of need to select an alternate top or second prize winner in the event a top or second prize cannot be awarded. Drawings shall be public, held in Tallahassee, Florida, and witnessed by an accountant employed by an independent certified public accounting firm.
- Prizes. The following table sets forth the prizes available in the Promotion.
Prizes per Drawing
Prize Level Prize Amount Number of Prizewinners per Drawing Total Prize Winners Top Prize $20,000 4 16 Second Prize $1,000 20 80 Total 24 96
- The prizewinners in each second chance drawing will be posted on flalottery.com after the drawing.
- The Florida Lottery will attempt to notify each prizewinner by telephone or email using the contact information provided in the prizewinner's registration data no later than one business day after the prizewinners are posted on the Florida Lottery's website. The Florida Lottery deems the prizewinner’s registration data as the prizewinner’s official contact information, including the physical mailing address. The Florida Lottery will not attempt to further locate a prizewinner if attempts to reach the prizewinner by telephone or email are unsuccessful. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by telephone or email with a prizewinner within two weeks of the date the prizewinners are posted on the website, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsection (3) above. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by email or telephone with the alternate prizewinner within two weeks of the date of notification, the alternate prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to the next alternate prizewinner. This process will continue until an alternate is contacted or the Florida Lottery has exhausted the list of alternates due to unsuccessful notification attempts or due to failure by a prizewinner or an alternate prizewinner to timely provide required claim documentation as set forth in subsection (6) below. If the Florida Lottery exhausts the list of alternate prizewinners, the prize will not be awarded.
- How to Claim a Prize. To claim any prize in a Promotion drawing, the prizewinner must submit to the Florida Lottery a completed Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2, revised 9/13, or Spanish Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2S, revised 9/13 and a copy of acceptable identification as set forth in the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011. Forms DOL 173-2 and DOL 173-2S are hereby incorporated by reference and may be obtained at any Florida Lottery office, from the Florida Lottery’s website at flalottery.com, or by writing to: Florida Lottery, Customer Service, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4016. The required documentation must be received by the Florida Lottery no later than two weeks after the Florida Lottery has first made personal contact with the prizewinner. If the Florida Lottery has not received the required documentation from a prizewinner by the fourteenth day after notification, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsections (3) and (5) above. The same timeframe for a prizewinner to return required documentation to the Florida Lottery shall apply to an alternate prizewinner. A prizewinner in this Promotion is not required to submit to the Florida Lottery the free LUCKY MONEY ticket that he or she used to generate an entry into the drawing in order to claim a prize.
- Award of Top Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a top prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award a prize of $20,000, less applicable federal income tax withholding.
- Award of Second Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a second prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award a prize of $1,000.
- Taxes.Except as specifically described herein, all federal, state and/or local taxes or other fees on the prizes won in the $400,000 Super GROUPER® Second Chance Promotion will be the responsibility of the prizewinner. Thirty percent federal income tax will be withheld from any prize won by a nonresident alien prizewinner in the Promotion, regardless of the amount of the prize. The reporting and subsequent payment of any additional federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the responsibility of the nonresident alien prizewinner.
- Other Restrictions and Provisions.
- All prizes are subject to the provisions of Chapter 24, Florida Statutes, and rules promulgated thereunder. Prizes shall be paid in accordance with the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011.
- All prizewinners will be analyzed for state-owed debt. If a prizewinner is identified as owing an outstanding debt to any state agency or owes child support collected through a court, the debt will be offset in accordance with section 24.115(4), Florida Statutes. If the debt is an amount less than the amount of the prize, the balance of the prize after deduction of the debt shall be awarded. If the debt is an amount greater than the amount of the prize, the entire prize amount will be applied to the outstanding debt.
- Players must be at least 18 years of age. Persons prohibited by section 24.116, Florida Statutes, from purchasing a Florida Lottery ticket are not eligible to enter the $400,000 Super GROUPER® Second Chance Promotion.
- By entering the $400,000 Super GROUPER® Second Chance Promotion, a player gives his or her permission for the Florida Lottery to photograph and/or videotape and record the prizewinner with or without prior notification and to use the name, photograph, videotape, and/or recording of the prizewinner for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation.
To enter a qualifying LUCKY MONEY ticket into one of the drawings, players must enter on the Florida Lottery's website at flalottery.com. A qualifying LUCKY MONEY ticket is a LUCKY MONEY ticket that is issued as a free ticket as part of a GROUPER play purchased during the Promotional Period. Both winning and non-winning qualifying LUCKY MONEY tickets may be used to enter the Promotion. Players may enter their qualifying LUCKY MONEY ticket into a drawing beginning on the day after the GROUPER play is purchased. On the home page of the Florida Lottery's website, players can click on the $400,000 Super GROUPER® Second Chance Promotion banner and follow the directions. Players will be prompted to log-in or register. The 19-digit ticket number is located near the bottom of the free LUCKY MONEY ticket. Each valid ticket number may only be entered one time and only into one drawing. Tickets should not be mailed to the Florida Lottery for entry into the Promotion. Tickets received in the mail by the Florida Lottery will not be entered in a drawing and will not be returned. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries entered. All entries are subject to validation by the Florida Lottery and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met.